Ajman University of Science and Technology
Faculty of Business Administration
Management Information System
Mashaweer Case study
Case Study Questions:
1. What kinds of applications are described in this case? What business functions do they support? Answer:
The applications described in this case are: PDA, centralized application and SCADA. The business functions that the case supports:
Manufacturing and production, finance and accounting and human resources.
2. What are the benefits from equipping their riders with PDAs? Answer:
Through this technology Mashaweer decreases the amount of errors due to the fact that the messenger is tied to an automated process where he receives his tasks through the PDA handheld. And also to manages the following: 1. Tracking the order items progress.
2. Track the collecting of order fees.
3. Messaging the riders.
4. Track the cash and expenses.
5. Synchronizing data periodically and at the beginning of each shift.
3. Was it a good decision to expand the business to Cairo? What are the implications of information systems? Answer:
Yes it was a good decision to expand the business to Cairo since the succeed in Alexandria. The implications: Mashaweer heavily depends on technological advances that occur every day and depends on the tools so it benefit from the advancements and prices reductions that continuously take place. As a result Mashaweer’s total costs will be decrease, enabling it to decrease its prices and further improve its quality to become even more convenient for a large number of people.
4. Do you think that Mashaweer will be able to accomplish their future strategy and sustain its market share? Answer:
Yes Mashaweer will be able to accomplish their future strategy and sustain its market.
5. Do you think in near future, the competition between Mashaweer and Wassaly will be aggressive? Why? Answer:
No, because Wassaly is operating in much smaller scale than Mashaweer does....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document