HYUNDAI: LEADING THE WAY IN THE GLOBAL AUTO INDUSTRY
DARI KASUS HYUNDAI, JAWABLAH PERTANYAAN DIBAWAH INI:
1. What are the roles of comparative and competitive advantages in Hyundai’s success? Illustrate your answers by providing specific examples of natural and acquired advantages that Hyundai employs to succeed in the global car industry.
2. In terms of Factor Proportions Theory, what abundant factors does Hyundai leverage in its worldwide operations? Provide examples and explain how Hyundai exemplifies the theory. In what ways does Hyundai’s success contradict the theory? Justify your answer.
3. Discuss Hyundai and its position in the global car industry in terms of Porter’s Diamond Model. What is the role of firm strategy, structure, and rivalry, factor conditions, demand conditions, and related and supporting industries to Hyundai’s international success?
4. The Korean government has been instrumental to Hyundai’s success. In terms of national industrial policy, what has the government done to support Hyundai? What can the government do to encourage future success at Hyundai? What can the government in your country to do support development or maintenance of a strong auto industry? What can the government in your country to do support development or maintenance of a strong auto industry?
5. Consistent with Dunning’s Eclectic Paradigm, describe the ownership-specific advantages, location-specific advantages, and internalization advantages held by Hyundai. Which of these advantages do you believe has been most instrumental to the firm’s success? Justify your answer. Which of these advantages do you believe has been most instrumental to the firm’s success?
1. Comparative :
Perekonomian Korea didominasi oleh konglomerat beberapa, yang disebut chaebol. Mereka termasuk Hyundai, Samsung, LG, dan SK dan account untuk sekitar 40 persen dari PDB Korea dan ekspor. Competitive :...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document